This course is designed for hydrological technicians in areas of ground and surface water, acquisition and analysis of data. Field work is normally conducted outside of Barbados. Technicians completing the Hydrological Technicians' Course successfully are expected to:
- Work with and assist observer level technicians in the field of work but under guidance of experienced technicians and/or hydrologists.
- Undertake primary screening of hydrological data; carry out simple analyses and be able to store and retrieve data.
- Assist experienced technicians and/or hydrologists in research
Topics covered in this course are:
- General Meteorology
- Instruments and Observations
- General hydrology
- Water quality
- Data collection, storage and processing